Summertime Humor – The Problem With Porta Potties

Porta Potty Christmas

Even though this is a tax blog, I thought it would be fun to go off on a bit of a tangent. It is summertime after all…we could all use a break from financial matters. So instead, I’d like to

Posted in Just For Fun

The BIG MISTAKE that many “home party” businesses make.

You know you’ve been there! Your friends lure you in with good wine, good company, and SHOPPING! Everybody has been invited to a home party at some point. It’s fun, flashy, and usually pink! Many moons ago, you would really

Posted in Business Income & Deductions, Tax Shack Tips & Ideas


A lot of people have gotten the wrong idea about tax refunds.  It’s not your fault.  I blame the media.  Why not?!  We blame the media for everything else.  You do see it on television and in the papers quite

Posted in Dealing with the Taxing Agencies, Filing Taxes, Proper Record Keeping, Tax Shack Tips & Ideas

Per Diem – The Controversial Deduction

The story of a sweet deduction that becomes involved in scandal and deception and eventually ends with heartbreak and legal battles.  It sounds like the plot for what could be this year’s break out film!  Alas, it is the tale

Posted in Business Income & Deductions, Employee Expenses, Tax Shack Tips & Ideas

Can I Deduct My Vacation As A Business Trip?

I am often asked by small business owners about which travel expenses can be deducted for business.  Typically, the question goes something like this: “I went to California with my family, but while I was there I attended a couple

Posted in Business Income & Deductions, Employee Expenses, Tax Shack Tips & Ideas
Past Articles

If you find this information useful, we invite you to enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 136 other followers

Walk-ins Welcome!
Off-Season (May - Dec)
Wednesday - Friday 10:00am-3:00pm
or by Appointment

Tax Season (Jan - April)
Monday - Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
Saturday 10:00am-4:00pm

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 136 other followers